When the sun sets...

When the sun sets….

When the sun sets and the dusk falls
Ceasing the merry bird calls,
Marking the beginning of that dark day
Known as the night, as most say,
It sends shivers down my spine –
I know it’s not the cold.

There are shadows all around
In various shapes they abound,
My eyes search for life
In stillness thick, I could cut with a knife.

Emptiness engulfs me,
And I struggle to get free
I can’t feel a thing,
And I can’t help but ponder
If I would wake up to the morning yonder.

1 comment:

  1. nice one ... must say this one inspired me quite a bit ... thanks for that bit ... and apologies if the following piece sounds plagiarized ... have tried to stay original as far as possible :)

    i like to call it "emancipation"

    when the morning comes, the cow lows
    and with the first ochre ray
    arrives a bright new sunny day
    "get up go to work; it'll be fine"
    and i feel shivers run down my spine
    man, the water in the shower's cold

    smartly dressed zombies all around
    in all shapes and sizes they abound
    am here to work, they say
    not a trace of life, much to my dismay
    man, the air 'round 'ere's cold

    and as they try to bring me
    into their fold; i ache to break free
    feeling suppressed and trampled under
    i can't help but reach out
    to the feeling in them that's asunder
    man, your hearts've gone cold

    and i leap off the ledge
    only to discover the sun on the sky's edge
    i plummet toward the ground nether
    the wind in my hair; light as a feather
    without shackles, no gag made of leather
    man, that was bold
    jumping out from 'tween the walls
    out into the sunset gold
    flying with the birds, falling with the leaves
    look ma, it's warm now, not a bit cold

    ReplyDelete