from a railway carriage...

I am not such a literature freak. yet I relate some of the things in life to the few poems i have read and to the very few that i actually remember.

I love looking out of bus,car and train windows out into the roads. It dosent matter if the scene outside is beautiful or not. It is a fixation with me. Four years of travelling by bus to college by the same route did not deter me from looking out into the same monotonous roads!
as with a lot of other routes that I have probably travelled a bazillion times...I just do it.dont know what fascination I have for it....

today as I was travelling by bus and looking outside at the boring familiar I-75, I recalled this poem "from a railway carriage" by RLS. I havent probably read this poem after my 8th std but for some strange reason, it was the first thing that struck my mind.

Another poem that I relate to very often is titled " It was long ago" by elanor farjeon. This is also a poem i read very long ago and dint remember even the title. I only remembered the end which goes like " then i grew up, you see". I googled it and struck gold. I found the entire poem and also the story behind it.

A powerful line for a very beautiful poem....
may be i should resume my poetry writing....

over and out
bugs

4 comments:

  1. Anonymous7:30 PM

    WOW!!! never knew a poet existed in you. Awaiting your poems.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yep. Poems from the prose-queen should be quite an interesting read! Hehe..

    ReplyDelete
  3. very true.even i relate myself to some poems at times. the poem which reccur to me the most is 'miles to go before i sleep'.well ,again, i have my own versions of it ,like,'lot to sleep before i get up',lot to eat before i sleep' etc. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. hey bhargavi,

    guess you should get licence quickly to drive isnt it.....

    ReplyDelete